WHY CHILD ABUSE AWARENESS IS SO IMPORTANT
The statistics tell the heartbreaking tale.
16 year old Cheryl Pierson Cuccio was one of these victims - The incest and abuse ended with her father's murder. She endured it for several years, but hired a classmate to kill her father when he said her 8 year old sister was next. That is why she and her husband Rob wrote this book. Awareness is so important, but remember, never ask the child in front of the suspected abuser because it could put them in further danger. It took 30 years for Cheryl and her husband Rob to reveal the true horrible details of her life in order to help others.
- Five children die every day as a result of child abuse.
- 12.5 million American children will be sexually molested before they are 18 years of age.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys have been molested by age 18 …
- Boys report less than girls
- 90% of the molesters are family members or friends
- The youngest children are the most abused
- 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4
- 2% of pregnant and parenting teens were raped, molested, or sexually assaulted prior to their first pregnancy.
- Children who have been abused or neglected are 59% more likely to be arrested as juveniles
- U.S. has more child maltreatment deaths than any other industrialized nation, ranking highest in both the total number of deaths and deaths on a per capital basis.